Intellizence tracks the latest layoff, downsizing, employee termination, furlough announcements from multiple news and regulatory filings. Following is the highlight of a few major layoffs of the week ending October 19th, 2020
Major layoffs announced during the week were:
- Alberta Health Services to lay off up to 11,000 staff. Those jobs will be outsourced to private companies.
- Maersk to lay off 2,000 in the business shake-up, lifts outlook on improving demand.
- Universal Studios Hollywood, a Los Angeles theme park, has cut roughly 2,200 jobs in the last four months.
- Pub chain Marston’ is to lay off more than 2,000 jobs as curfews and new coronavirus restrictions.
- The oilfield services giant Schlumberger, has completed its plan to cut 21,000 jobs in response to the oil downturn.