Intellizence highlights the Merger & Acquisition Deals trends for August 2022 in the most active sectors – technology, healthcare, banking & financial services, energy, and manufacturing.
Largest M&A Deals in August 2022
The top ten largest merger and acquisition deals across sectors were:
Acquiring Company Acquired Company Deal
Vista Equity Partners Avalara Inc $8.4 billion
OpenText Micro Focus International $6 Billion
Carlyle CureApp JPY 7 Billion
Pfizer Global Blood Therapeutics $4 Billion
Investor Group Led by Apollo Atlas Air Worldwide $5.2 Billion
Consortium South Africa Hospitals $4.49 Billion
Global Payments EVO Payment $4 Billion
Amgen Chemocentryx $3.7 Billion
Olympus (Microscope unit) Bain Capital $3 Billion
Thoma Bravo Ping Identity $2.8 Billion
Major Sector-wise Merger and Acquisition Deals:
Banking, Private Equity & Financial Services
- TD Bank Group has acquired Cowen in an all-cash transaction valued at $1.3 billion.
- Kohlberg has acquired a 50% stake in Partners Group portfolio co. USIC at a $4.1billion valuation.
- Centerbridge and Bridgeport have acquired CSI for $1.6 billion.
- Rêv Worldwide, a fintech company has acquired the Netspend consumer business from Global Payments in an transaction valued at $1 billion.
- Alcon, the eye care company has acquired Aerie Pharmaceuticals for approximately $770 million.
- Catalent to acquire Metrics Contract Services for $475 million to expand high potent capabilities and oral development and manufacturing capacity.
- Teleflex, a leading global provider of medical technologies, has acquired Standard Bariatrics, which has commercialized an innovative powered stapling technology for bariatric surgery for $170 million.
- Amazon has acquired iRobot, a company that makes customers’ lives easier with innovative cleaning products for the home, for $1.7 billion.
- Tassal Group Ltd. has been acquired by Canada’s Cooke in a takeover that values the Australian salmon producer at about 1.1 billion Australian dollars ($772.4 million).
- Semtech Corporation, a global supplier of high-performance analog and mixed-signal semiconductors and advanced algorithms, will acquire Sierra Wireless for approximately US$1.2 billion.
- Entain forms Entain CEE, and acquires SuperSport for €690 million.
- 4iG Public Limited Company to acquire Vodafone Hungary for $1.8billion.
Top Five SPAC Mergers Deals in August 2022
SPACs have become more mainstream on wall street today. So far, several companies have gone public through an IPO, direct listing, or SPAC in 2022.
- Bridger Aerospace, a leading provider of aerial firefighting services, to become a public company through business combination with Jack Creek Investment Corp.
- Bitcoin Depot, a leading bitcoin ATM operator, to become a publicly-traded company via business combination with GSR II Meteora Acquisition Corp.
- Aesther Healthcare Acquisition Corp. has entered into an agreement and plan of merger with Ocean Biomedical, a next-generation biopharma company, to list on NASDAQ.
- Captura Biopharma, an emerging biotechnology company to become a publicly listed company via business merger with OceanTech Acquisitions I Corp.
- Riverview Acquisition Corp. enters a business combination transaction with Westrock Coffee Holdings.
- Seamless Group, a global fintech platform, to become publicly traded via combination with INFINT Acquisition Corporation.
- Unity Software rejects AppLovins $20 billion merger offer.
- Breeze Holdings Acquisition Corp. and D-Orbit S.p.A. mutually agree to terminate merger agreement.
- Bright Lights Acquisition Corp. and MANSCAPED mutually agree to terminate business combination agreement due to unfavorable market conditions.
Major M&A Deals that got Regulatory Approval
- UK provisionally approves $8.1 billion NortonLifeLock-Avast merger, citing competition from Microsoft.