Intellizence highlights Merger & Acquisition Deals trends for February 2022 in the most active sectors – technology, healthcare, banking & financial services, energy, and manufacturing.
Largest M&A Deals in February 2022
The top eight largest merger and acquisition deals across sectors were:
Acquiring Company Acquired Company Deal
TD Bank Group First Horizon Corporation $13.4 Billion
Celanese Corporation DuPont’s Mobility & Materials Business $11 Billion
Apollo Funds Tenneco $7.1 Billion
Frontier Airlines Spirit Airlines (Merger) $6.6 Billion
Blackstone Inc Crown Resorts Ltd. $6.3 Billion
Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust Preferred Apartment Communities $5.8 Billion
Standard General Tegna Inc $5.4 Billion
Intel Tower Semiconductor $5.4 Billion
Cummins Meritor $3.7 Billion
KPS Capital Partners Oldcastle Building Envelope $3.4 Billion
Major Sector-wise Merger and Acquisition Deals:
Banking, Private Equity & Financial Services
- Veritas Capital has acquired Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Company for $2.8 billion.
- Madison Dearborn Partners, has acquired MoneyGram International, a global leader in the evolution of digital P2P payments, for $1.8 billion.
- ATL Partners and British Columbia Investment Management Corporation have sold Pilot Freight Services, the provider of end-to-end and last-mile solutions, to A.P. Moller – Maersk for $1.7 billion.
- Fiserv, provider of payments and financial services technology, has acquired Finxact, the cloud-native banking solution developer for $650 million.
- Biocon Biologics has acquired Viatris’ Biosimilars Assets for up to $3.335 billion.
- Medical device company CooperCompanies has acquired Cook Medical’s Reproductive Health business in an $875 million deal.
- Collegium Pharmaceutical, to purchase all outstanding shares of BioDelivery Sciences International, a growing specialty pharmaceutical company for $604 million.
- Chevron has acquired Renewable Energy Group for $3.15 billion.
- Republic Services has acquired US Ecology, a major environmental solutions company, for $2.2 billion.
- SK ecoplant has acquired a 100% stake in TES, a sustainable IT, and battery lifecycle services market leader, for $1 billion.
- EDP Renewables has acquired Sunseap for $815 million, to set up a clean energy hub in Singapore.
- Black Knight has acquired the outstanding interests of Optimal Blue Holdco, from co-investors Cannae Holdings, Inc. and investment entities affiliated with Thomas H. Lee Partners, for $1.156 billion.
- Siemens plans to sell the mail and parcels business of Siemens Logistics business to German technology group Koerber for $1.31 billion.
- SoFi Technologies has acquired banking-software maker Technisys SA for $1.1 billion.
- Akamai Technologies, the solution to power and protect digital experiences, has acquired Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) platform provider Linode, for $900 million.
- Software AG has acquired StreamSets, a leader in data integration for the modern data stack for $524 million.
Top Four SPAC Mergers Deals in February 2022
SPACs have become more mainstream on wall street today. So far, several companies have gone public either through an IPO, direct listing, or SPAC in 2022.
- Quantum computing firm D-Wave Systems to go public by merging with blank-check company DPCM Capital in a deal that values the combined company at nearly $1.6 billion.
- MariaDB Corporation Ab to become a publicly-traded company via combination with Angel Pond Holdings Corporation.
- Nogin, a leading Commerce-as-a-Service platform, to become publicly traded through combination with Software Acquisition Group III in a $646 Million deal.
- Wag Labs to become listed through a $350 million business combination with CHW Acquisition Corporation.
- Astrea Acquisition Corp., HotelPlanner, and Reservations.com mutually agree to terminate the business combination agreement.
- Lockheed Martin terminates the agreement to acquire Aerojet Rocketdyne.
- Atlantic Coastal Acquisition Corp. and Essentium mutually agree to terminate the business combination agreement.
- Zendesk announces termination of the merger agreement with Momentive.
Major M&A Deals that got Regulatory Approval
- Stock Yards Bancorp receives final regulatory approval for the acquisition of Commonwealth Bancshares.
- Meta closes the Kustomer deal after regulatory approval.