Intellizence highlights the Merger & Acquisition Deals trends for July 2022 in the most active sectors – technology, healthcare, banking & financial services, energy, and manufacturing.
Largest M&A Deals in July 2022
The top ten largest merger and acquisition deals across sectors were:
Acquiring Company Acquired Company Deal
ANZ Bank Suncorp Bank $4.9 Billion
Unity ironSource $4.4 Billion
Amazon One Medical $3.9 Billion
JetBlue Airways Corporation Spirit Airlines $3.8 Billion
ArcelorMittal Companhia Siderúrgica do Pecém $2.2 Billion
Shell USA (Stake) Shell Midstream Partners $1.96 Billion
SD Biosensor and SJL Partners Meridian Bioscience $1.53 billion
Ardian Infrastructure (Stake) Groupe Casino's $1.42 Billion
MasTec Infrastructure and Energy Alternatives $1.1 Billion
Patient Square Capital Hanger $1.25 Billion
Major Sector-wise Merger and Acquisition Deals:
Banking, Private Equity & Financial Services
- Partners Group acquires a majority stake in Budderfly, further accelerating the growth of the most comprehensive Energy-as-a-Service provider in North America for $500 million..
- Godspeed Capital to acquire Hill International for $143.9 million.
- Ultragenyx to sell a Portion of Future North American Royalties on CrysvitaÂ for $500 million to OMERS Capital Markets.
- Alberta Investment Management Corporation and Ridgeback Group have acquired a portfolio of UK build-to-rent assets from Angelo Gordon for £283 million.
- Blackstone is investing $400 Million in Xpansiv, the global carbon, and environmental commodities exchange platform.
- Theravance Biopharma to sell TRELEGY ELLIPTA royalty interests to Royalty Pharma for approximately $1.1 billion.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals has acquired ViaCyte for $320 million to help speed up the development of VX-880, Vertex’s stem cell-derived therapy for people with type 1 diabetes (T1D).
- Ginkgo, the synthetic biology firm, has acquired Zymergen in a deal worth about $300 million.
- Molina Healthcare has acquired My Choice Wisconsin for $150 million.
- AstraZeneca to acquire TeneoTwo and its clinical-stage T-cell engager, for $100 million, to strengthen the hematological cancer pipeline.
- Sony has closed the $3.6 billion acquisition of Bungie, the developer of Destiny and the original creator of the hugely popular Halo franchise.
- German automotive supplier Schaeffler to acquire Ewellix for $594 million.
- Cadence expands into molecular simulation with the acquisition of OpenEye Scientific, a leader in computational molecular design, for $500 million.
- Hawkeye Systems to acquire Blue Gold International Limited for $250 million.
Top Five SPAC Mergers Deals in July 2022
SPACs have become more mainstream on wall street today. So far, several companies have gone public through an IPO, direct listing, or SPAC in 2022.
- ZyVersa Therapeutics to become a publicly traded biopharma company via a merger with Larkspur Health Acquisition Corp. for an enterprise value of approximately $108.92 million.
- GloriFi, a technology company, to become a publicly listed company via business combination with DHC Acquisition Corp, a special purpose acquisition company.
- Kingswood Acquisition Co, a SPAC, has entered into a business combination with Wentworth Management Services at an enterprise value of $208 million.
- NewAmsterdam Pharma Holding B.V. to become a publicly traded com[pany through a merger agreement with Frazier Lifesciences Acquisition Corporation.
- Leading Brazilian environmental and industrial solutions provider Ambipar Response to become publicly traded on NYSE via SPAC merger with HPX Corp.
- American Challenger Development Corp. has mutually terminated the proposed merger with Patriot National Bancorp.
- Abri SPAC I has terminated the merger agreement with Apifiny Group Inc.
- FinTech Acquisition Corp. V and eToro have mutually agreed to terminate the merger agreement.
- North Atlantic Acquisition Corp. has terminated its business combination agreement with TeleSign.
- Spirit Airlines has terminated the merger agreement with Frontier Airlines.
Major M&A Deals that got Regulatory Approval
- National Bank Holdings Corporation has the regulatory approvals for the acquisition of Rock Canyon Bank.
- The First Bancshares receives regulatory approval for the merger with Beach Bancorp.