Intellizence highlights the Merger & Acquisition Deals trends for April 2022 in the most active sectors – technology, healthcare, banking & financial services, energy, and manufacturing.
Largest M&A Deals in April 2022
The top ten largest merger and acquisition deals across sectors were:
Acquiring Company Acquired Company Deal
Blackstone Core+ perpetual capital vehicles American Campus Communities $12.8 Billion
Brookfield Business Partners CDK Globa $ 8.3 Billion
Affiliates of Blackstone Real Estate PS Business Parks $ 7.6 Billion
Thoma Bravo SailPoint $ 6.9 Billion
Kaseya Datto $ 6.2 Billion
Australia Tower Network Axicom $ 3.5 Billion
Clayton, Dubilier & Rice . Humana’s hospice and personal-care divisions $ 2.8 Billion
Ares Management Middle Market Lending portfolio $ 2.4 Billion
Stone Point Capital Tivity Health $ 2 Billion
GlaxoSmithKline plc Sierra Oncology $1.9 Billion
Major Sector-wise Merger and Acquisition Deals:
Banking, Private Equity & Financial Services
- Brazilian lender Itau Unibanco has acquired an 11.36% stake in brokerage XP for around 8 billion reais ($1.61 billion).
- Actis, a leading global investor in sustainable infrastructure has purchased a 50% stake in Emirates District Cooling Company, at a corporate valuation of $1billion.
- S&P Global to sell its Leveraged Commentary and Data (LCD) business and its related family of leveraged loan indices to Morningstar for $650 million.
- Tufin, a company pioneering a policy-centric approach to security and IT operations, thas been acquired by Turn/River Capital, a software-focused investment firm, for $570 million.
- Natus Medical to be acquired by Archimed Group, an investment firm focused exclusively on the healthcare industry, for $1.2 billion.
- Halozyme Therapeutics is bolstering its drug delivery platform with the acquisition of specialty pharmaceutical company Antares Pharma, for $960 million.
- Novo Holdings portfolio company ReViral Ltd. has been acquired by Pfizer for up to $525 million.
- Wallaby Medical, a medical technology company has acquired phenox GmbH, including phenox’s femtos GmbH, a German-based global innovation and technology leader in the neurovascular space, for approximately EUR 500 million.
- Mondelēz International has acquired Grupo Bimbo’s confectionery business, Ricolino, for approximately $1.3 billion
- Consumer products group Helen of Troy has acquired Recipe Products, the owner of prestige hair care brand Curlsmith for $150 million.
- Chip maker AMD, to acquire SmartNIC, maker of programmable packet processors, and networking firm Pensando for $1.9 billion.
- Synopsys has acquired WhiteHat Security, a leading provider of application security Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) for $330 million.
- Equinix, the digital infrastructure company, has acquired West African data center and connectivity solutions provider MainOne for an enterprise value of $320 million.
- PTC has acquired next-generation application lifecycle management company Intland Software, for $280 million.
- Laiye, a Beijing-based company that automates office tasks of varying degrees of complexity, has raised $160 million from a Series C funding and has acquired France’s software development company Mindsay.
Top Five SPAC Mergers Deals in April 2022
SPACs have become more mainstream on wall street today. So far, several companies have gone public either through an IPO, direct listing, or SPAC in 2022.
- Private investment firm The Stephens Group’s portfolio investment Westrock Coffee Holdings, to go public via a business combination with Riverview Acquisition Corp, which values the Company at approximately $1.086 billion.
- Isleworth Healthcare Acquisition Corp., a SPAC has entered a merger agreement with Cytovia Holdings, a biopharmaceutical company, wherein Isleworth will be renamed Cytovia Therapeutics.
- Hypebeast Limited, the go-to platform for contemporary culture and lifestyle to go public vis merger with Iron Spark I Inc., a special purpose acquisition company.
- Caravelle Group Co., an ocean technology and shipping company, to become publicly traded via merger with Pacifico Acquisition Corp., a SPAC, at a pro forma enterprise value of approximately $527 million.
- SuperBac Biotechnology Solutions, a biotech company has entered into a definitive business combination agreement with XPAC Acquisition Corp., a publicly-traded special purpose acquisition company.
- Accelus, a medical technology company, and CHP Merger Corp., a SPAC have mutually terminated their business combination.
- MDH Acquisition Corp., a SPAC, and Olive Ventures Holdings, a payment services and online vehicle protection plans company, have terminated their previously agreed merger plan.
Major M&A Deals that got Regulatory Approval
- Community Bank System, has got the regulatory approvals for Elmira Savings Bank Merger.