Intellizence publishes monthly trends about key Startup Funding, Venture Capital/Private Equity Investment Deals. The following is the analysis of the Intellizence Startup Funding, VC & PE Deals Dataset for February 2022.
In February, we discovered around 1000 plus startups across industries that raised funding.
- A total of 41 startups achieved unicorn status in February 2022, with a cumulative valuation of around $61.4 billion.
- The top 3 most well-funded startups were J&T Express ($2 billion), FNZ ($1 Billion), and Cruise ($1.3 Billion).
- The top 10 funding deals combined value stood at $8.5 billion.
Global Large Deals
Here’s a look at the ten largest startup funding deals for February 2022.
|Venture Name||Funding Round||Industry||Amount|
|J&T Express||Venture Series Unknown||Logistics||$2 Billion|
|FNZ||PrivateEquity||Financial Services||$1.4 Billion|
|Cruise||Venture Series Unknown||Automobile||$1.3 Billion|
|Flexport||Series E||Logistics||$935 Million|
|AvantStay||Venture Series Unknown||Travel & Tourism||$500 Million|
|Relex Solution||Venture Series Unknown||Technology||$500 Million|
|Scalapay||Series B||Fintech||$497 Million|
|Polygon||Venture Series Unknown||Technology||$450 Million|
|Weee!||Series E||Retail||$425 Million|
Region-wise Interesting Deals
We have gathered some of the top region-wise fundings deals for February in a roundup below:
- Uniphore, the leader in conversational automation, has raised a $400 million Series E funding round at a $2.5 billion valuation.
- Palmetto, a leading clean energy marketplace and technology services platform, has raised approximately $375 million to accelerate the adoption of residential solar and clean energy independence across the United States.
- eSentire, the global cybersecurity company, has raised $325 million in funding at a valuation greater than $1 billion.
- Somatus, the largest value-based kidney care company, has raised an oversubscribed $325+ million Series E financing at a $2.5 billion valuation.
- Princeton Digital Group, a Singapore-based pan-Asia data center operator, has received $350 million as investment funding from Mubadala Investment Co.
- B2B retailer Elasticrun has raised $330 million from Softbank and others.
- Indian logistics firm Xpressbees becomes unicorn with $300 million fresh funding.
- ElasticRun, a Kirana e-commerce platform, has raised $300 million in SoftBank-led funding round to become Unicorn.
- G7 Networks, an enterprise software service provider for China’s road freight industry, has raised $200 million in a funding round led by Trustbridge Partners and CS Capital.
Europe & UK
- GoCardless, a leading fintech indirect bank payment solution, has secured a Series G funding round of $312 million, making it the latest European and UK tech unicorn at a valuation of $2.1 billion.
- TTTech Auto, a Vienna-based automotive safety software company, has raised $285 million (€250 million) from Aptiv PLC and Audi in its latest funding round.
- Swedish electric commercial vehicle manufacturer Volta Trucks has concluded its Series C funding round, raising €230 million ($260 million).
- British self-driving technology startup Wayve has raised $200 million Series B funding from investors to scale up its autonomous driving technology globally and launch more pilot projects with commercial fleet partners.
- GWI, the leading audience insights company, has raised over $180 million in Series B funding, valuing the company at over $850 million.