Intellizence publishes monthly trends about key Startup Funding, Venture Capital/Private Equity Investment Deals. The following is the analysis of the Intellizence Startup Funding, VC & PE Deals Dataset for March 2022.
In March, we discovered around 1000 plus startups across industries that raised funding.
- A total of 28 startups achieved unicorn status in March 2022, with a cumulative valuation of around $44.62 billion.
- The top 3 most well-funded startups were Crusie ($3.45 billion), Fanatics ($1.5 billion), and Getir (800 million).
- The top 9 funding deals combined value stood at $9.1 billion
Global Large Deals
Here’s a look at the ten largest startup funding deals for March 2022.
|Venture Name||Funding Round||Industry||Amount|
|Cruise||Venture Series Unknown||Automobile||$3.45 Billion|
|Fanatics||Venture Series Unknown||Retail||$1.5 Billion|
|Getir||Venture Series Unknown||Delivery||$800 Million|
|BYJU’s||Venture Series Unknown||Edutech||$800 Million|
|Cross River||Venture Series Unknown||Financial Services||$620 Million|
|Doctolib||Debt & Equity||Healthtech||$549 Million|
|TierPoint||Venture Series Unknowm||Technology||$500 Million|
|Yuga Labs||Seed||Web3 platform||$450 Million|
|ConsenSys||Series D||Web3 Tech||$450 Million|
Region-wise Interesting Deals
We have gathered some of the top region-wise fundings deals for March in a roundup below:
- Savings and investing app Acorns has raised $300 million in a Series F funding round that values the company at nearly $2 billion.
- Property tech firm Veev has raised $400 million in a Series D round that propels the company to “unicorn status.”
- Parking tech firm Flash has raised $250 million, giving it a $1 billion valuation.
- All-in-one payments platform Stax has secured $245 million from investors to become the latest fintech to achieve unicorn status with a valuation of more than $1 billion.
- Roofstock, the end-to-end online platform for single-family rental has raised $240 million Series E equity financing round, bringing the company’s valuation to $1.94 billion.
- India’s most valuable startup Byju’s has raised $800 million in a funding round led by Sumeru Ventures, Vitruvian Partners, and BlackRock.
- SoftBank-backed Edutech startup Eruditus has closed a $350 million debt financing from Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) to largely fund its aggressive acquisition plans in its overseas market.
- Emeritus, which is making high-quality education accessible and affordable to individuals, companies, and governments around the world, has raised a $650 million funding round at a $3.2 billion valuation.
- SJ Semiconductor Co. has raised $300 million in Series C funding raising its valuation to more than $1 billion.
- OfBusiness lending unit Oxyzo turns unicorn with a record $200 million Series A funding from Tiger Global, Alpha Wave.
Europe & UK
- Logistics tech company Forto has raised $250 million in Series D Funding, valuing the company at $2.1 billion.
- ClearBank, a UK banking rails provider, has raised $230 million from Apax to expand into Europe and the US.
- Lendable has raised GBP 210 million in funding at a valuation in excess of GBP 3.5 billion.
- Volocopter, the pioneer of urban air mobility, has raised $170 million Series E funding round, at a pre-money valuation of $1.87 billion.
- ArK Kapital, a data-driven precision finance company, has raised €165 million in a mixture of debt and equity funding.