Intellizence publishes monthly trends about key Startup Funding, Venture Capital/Private Equity Investment Deals. The following is the analysis of the Intellizence Startup Funding, VC & PE Deals Dataset for April 2022.
In April, we discovered around 1000 plus startups across industries that raised funding.
- A total of 27 startups achieved unicorn status in April 2022, with a cumulative valuation of around $ 47 billion.
- The top 3 most well-funded startups were Epic Games ($2 billion), Viacom ($1.78 billion), and Everstream (1 billion).
- The top 9 funding deals combined value stood at $8.2 billion.
Global Large Deals
Here’s a look at the nine largest startup funding deals for April 2022.
|Venture Name||Funding Round||Industry||Amount|
|Epic Games||Venture Series Unknown||Game Technology||$2 Billion|
|Viacom18||Venture Series Unknown||Media||$1.78 Billion|
|Everstream||Debt Financing||Telecom||$ 1 Billion|
|VerSe Innovation||Series J||Media tech||$805 Million|
|The Boring Company||Series C||Procurement & Construction||$675 Million|
|Climeworks||Venture series Unknown||CO2 air capture technology||$549 Million|
|Anthropic||Series B||Technology||$580 Million|
|SonarSource||Venture Series Unknown||Energy||$412 Million|
|UPSIDE Foods||Series C||Restaurant||$400 Million|
Region-wise Interesting Deals
We have gathered some of the top region-wise fundings deals for April in a roundup below:
- Aviation startup Beta Technologies has raised $375 million in Series B financing.
- Flared-gas bitcoin miner Crusoe Energy raises $350 million Series C funding.
- Blockchain startup Ava Labs reportedly raising $350 million at a $5.25 billion valuation.
- AI-backed remote monitoring and digital therapeutics company Biofourmis has raised $300 million in Series D funding, reaching unicorn status with a valuation of $1.3 billion.
- Tessera Therapeutics, the biotechnology company has raised over $300 million in Series C financing.
- Software development company Instoried has raised $200 million from GEM and seeks to go public.
- Rapido, India’s first and fastest-growing Bike taxi app, has raised $180 million in Series D funding from Swiggy, TVS Motor, Westbridge, and others.
- Pony.ai and WeRide.ai join Chinese ride-hailing service OnTimeâ€™s $153M round
- Vietnamese gaming studio Sky Mavis has raised $150 million in funding.
Europe & UK
- Grover grabs $330 million to double down on the circular economy with consumer electronics subscriptions.
- beqom, a Switzerland-based provider of compensation management software, raised $300 million in funding.
- UK altnet Netomnia, YouFibre add Â£295 million in funding led by DigitalBridge – Lightwave Online
- UK fiber broadband network operator Netomnia and sister company YouFibre, which offers broadband services, has raised £295 million.
- Taxfix, the Berlin-based mobile tax filing app, raises $220 million at a $1 billion+ valuation.