Telehealth company, Teladoc Health, a provider of virtual-care services, is acquiring Livongo Health, the leading Applied Health Signals company, in an estimated $18.5 billion deal.
Livongo specializes in remote coaching to help monitor and manage chronic conditions like diabetic, blood pressure, and behavioral health in patients and Teladoc offers virtual physician consults for acute medical needs.
The resulting company post merger will carry the name Teladoc Health, and will function from its headquarters in Purchase, New York. Teladoc shareholders will own about 58% and Livongo shareholders will get the remaining 42%.
Livongo Founder and Executive Chairman said, “By expanding the reach of Livongo’s pioneering Applied Health Signals platform and building on Teladoc Health’s end-to-end virtual care platform, we’ll empower more people to live better and healthier lives.”